Background

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Top 10 Things We Loved About 2011

Holy cow!  Who knew how difficult it could be to get a blog started.  After days of deliberation I've finally settled on a name (with the help of Chris).  I thought it was fitting because we have the boys (we call them our three clowns), and we eventually want to start a family, which will add to our circus.

I gave Chris the homework task of compiling a list of his favorite things about 2011 while I worked on one of my own.  What better way to start off the new year, than with a list recapping the previous year?  

Meghan's List
 10. We traveled to lots of new places, and I finally got the chance to show Chris around Coeur d’Alene.

  9. We booked a Mediterranean cruise (our first cruise ever) that sets sail June 2012.  I can’t wait!

  8. While the rest of the world worried about being eco-friendly, we traded in my Chevy Aveo for a 2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD... Oops :-P

  7. Chris took me hunting for the first time in my life, and we spent most of August chasing Mule Deer through the hills of Ely, NV.

  6. I met lots of new people, most of whom I now call friends, and I’m grateful for every single one of them.

  5. This was the first year I have dressed up and celebrated Halloween as an adult.  I had a blast!

  4. We hit milestones this year; Chris turned 30, and I turned 25.  I don’t necessarily love the idea of getting old, but I do love the fact that I am growing old with my best friend.

  3. In May, we surprised my youngest brother, Vince, at his middle school graduation.  I hadn’t seen him in over a year.  I missed him tons.

  2. We moved out of Vegas and are slowly making our way up to Oregon.

  1. We got engaged on 26 November 2011.  It was the greatest night of my life, and I cannot wait to marry the love of my life next year.



As usual Chris exceeded my expectations with his homework assignment.

Chris' List
10. Go Broncos! Went to my 2nd Denver Broncos vs. New York Jets game in November during a boy's weekend. It was a great weekend, not to mention a great game. They won this year thanks to their new starting quarterback. Go Tebow!

9. Bought a new 2011 Chevrolet 2500HD Diesel Truck. Thanks to the fact I am with a girl with heavy favoritism towards Chevys, in September we traded Meghan's hooptie for a new Diesel Truck. I really debated doing it, but I am so glad we did. I, personally, have used it way more than expected, and I love driving it.

8.  My Health. As I get older, I am finding out how important it is to be proactive with one's health. I don't go to the gym as much as I should nor to I eat as healthy as I should, but I have been blessed this year to be in good health. It seems to get exponentially more difficult to maintain both mental and physical health as I get older, but so far I seem to be doing well.

7. Turned 30! I know, not really a milestone. However, I do feel older. My most memorable part of turning 30 was that I was able to share it with so many close friends. We had a great party at Roy's Hawaiian Fusion restaurant, then continued onto EyeCandy lounge in Mandalay Bay. I couldn't have asked for a better way to ring in my 30th.

6. I have been very fortunate to have many influential people in my life. However, head-and-shoulders above the rest is James LaMont, my GrandFather. His lessons included but were not limited to; tips to finding the right woman,  the importance of a good name, the recipe and perfect taste for "Grandfather's Mashed Potatoes", taking pride in your country, and relevant to 2011 the importance of education. This lesson seemed to have stuck well and kept my motivation constant because it helped me to obtain a Master's Degree. I obtained my MBA in August from National Louis University.

5. Friends and Family - I have to give this one an extra foot stomp. I have been very blessed to have a warm and caring family, as I get older I see more and more how fortunate I am for this. Plus, with the move up to Oregon, we get to make Eureka a transition point while we look for a place.  This has allowed for some time to reconnect with family. I have also been blessed to have such a large and diverse circle of friends. It is very important for me to maintain open, honest, and close relationships with close friends. These people I trust without thinking twice about it, and I cherish all of the good memories and time I have spent with them. I don't know where I'd be without such a great support system. With having so many friends who I admire and respect in this world, it makes this life extremely more exciting and bearable.

4. Business ownership definitely can bring some unique challenges. Fortunately, I am happy to report continued success in both Invictus Technical Solutions (ITS) and Umpqua Armory (UA). ITS continues to grow and teach me new lessons about business.  Due to this growth we have established a headquarters in Roseburg, OR which has enabled me to become an overhead asset to the company. Likewise UA, aside from some significant setbacks, has been able to sponsor many local events, including a sole sponsored Susan Creek Archery shoot. Plus, both businesses have afforded me to the opportunity to work with some amazing people!

3. Turned in my Nevada ID for an Oregon ID. As much as I will greatly miss so many good friends in Vegas and have so many fond memories, I am very happy to be out of Sin City. I have been looking forward to getting back up to Pacific Northwest for quite some time now, and everything fell together so well to do so. We have wonderful renters, plan to have an ample amount of time with friends and family in Eureka (our transition spot), and Meghan's favorite, we got rid of the old couch. :-)

2. I am a huge believer in having a dog or three as part of the household. The boys have been a big part of my life and have an exceptional way of teaching me patience, laziness, and how to be carefree. I don't know how or why you would want to live without them.  They truly are man's best friend(s).

1. She said "YES!"
Another year under our belt.  Bring it on 2012!
Save The Date:  1 September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Many People Have Visited?

Canon Selphy CP740