Background

Monday, January 30, 2012

Crab Fishing

*Well, I lost my camera a couple of weeks ago and finally found it a day or so ago.  I have some catching up to do!

On December 23rd, Chris and I got up bright and early to go crabbing.  Uncle Bob owns a fishing boat and has all the gear to go along with it, and he invited the two of us and Uncle Greg to go out with him that morning.  I'm not quite used the the cooler weather here yet, so I layered, and layered, and layered some more.

Check out the tempurature!

We got to the marina around 730, and we headed off.  Everyone was excited because the ocean was beautiful and fairly calm.  Personally, I thought it would have been fun if the swells had been bigger.  :-)  Uncle Bob brought his two deckhands, Joel and Craig with, so Chris, Uncle Gary, and I didn't have to do much besides look for the buoys that were attached to the crab pots.  I was thankful Chris made me take Dramamine before we left so I wouldn't get seasick, but by the last hour I was passed out in the boat at the table.  Three hours or so after we left, we pulled back up to the docks with ten crab a piece.  I'd say we had a successful fishing trip!  We ate crab for the next few days, and it was absolutely delicious.  Since commercial crabbing started, Uncle Bob is done for the season, but I'd love to go again next year.
Woodley Island Marina
The Boat
"Captain" a.k.a. Uncle Bob
Deckhands: Craig (Left) and Joel (Right)
Uncle Greg and I
Christopher
Our first pot!
Just a glimpse of what we caught.
Don't ask...
Mr. Krabs
They didn't like us in their territory.
All cooked up and ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Many People Have Visited?

Canon Selphy CP740